Sunday, November 25, 2012

A Visual Tour of Family House Shadyside

Here are some pictures of the common areas of Family House Shadyside.  As I write this, we're sitting in one of them preparing to watch The Amazing Race and The Walking Dead.

Today, I dropped-off Mari Ann and Michael at St. Paul's Catholic Church and found my religion at the comic book shop two blocks away and a shop called House of the Dead that sold nothing but merchandise with zombies... t-shirts, posters, books, etc.

Afterwards, we made it just under the wire to see Life of Pi.  (Tip: be precise when entering addresses into the GPS.  Riverfront is not the same as Riverfront West.)  What a lovely movie that was!  It started slow, but from the ship sinking onward, it was pretty amazing.  I caught hints about the ending being controversial, but have no idea why.  If it's because we get to choose which of two stories is true, so what?  (For the record, I'll always believe the more fantastic one.)

The theater was near a Costco, so we picked up a few things and I made our first dinner at Family House: lasagna and cream cheese biscuits.  And that was our day; exciting, huh?








No comments:

Post a Comment