Saturday, November 24, 2012

Arrival at the Emerald... I Mean, Steel City

We left Kansas City about 8:30 Friday morning and drove into the parking lot of our Chicago storage space around 4:30.  Not bad at all.  Traffic into the city was as light as I've ever seen it.  We went to Mari Ann's, then met my sister and her family at Giordano's for pizza.



We left Chicago about 8:30 this morning (Saturday).  The drive was nearly the same distance as KC-Chicago, but seemed to go much faster for our driver (me).  I wasn't as tired and was fueled by my Pandora Radio Pet Shop Boys channel which had loads of great 80s Depeche Mode, Erasure, Duran Duran, The Cure, etc.  It was I-80 most of they way, with wonderful six-lane highways across Ohio.  (Loved the frequent signs instructing trucks and slower vehicles to use the right two lanes.)

Got checked-in at the Family House Shadyside and went to a wonderful restaurant behind the building called Cafe Sam.  Looks like a good, safe neighborhood; the woman who checked us in called it "affluent".  The hospital where Michael is going to have his operation is right across the street.  (And within one mile are a comic book shop and video bar!)

Exhausted and sitting in our suite now.  Much more later, I'm sure, but wanted everyone to know we arrived safely...

Our temporary mailing address is:

5245 Centre Ave., Suite 207
Pittsburgh, PA  15224

And we even have a land line in our room in case we are attacked with an EMP and mobile devices stop working:

412.802.4853






No comments:

Post a Comment